Last Updated: June 1, 2020
I. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
The Site is not designed for, or directed to, children under the age of 16 and Riot New Media Group, Inc. does not intentionally collect information about anyone under the age of 16 on the Site. If Riot New Media Group, Inc. discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information from anyone younger than the age of 16, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
This version was last updated on June 1, 2020 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes during your relationship with us. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you contact us with changes, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, however, that information may persist internally for our administrative purposes and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
E. THIRD PARTY CONTENT, LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES, AND RIOT NEW MEDIA GROUP, INC. CONTENT FOUND OUTSIDE THE SITE
In addition, Riot New Media Group, Inc. content may be included on web pages and websites that are not associated with Riot New Media Group, Inc. and over which we have no control. These third parties may collect data through the use of their own cookies, web beacons or other technology, independently collect information or solicit Personal Information, and may have the ability to track your use of their websites and services. Riot New Media Group, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party.
II. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal Information or personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, including for example your name, address, telephone number, and email address. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (“Anonymous Data”).
We and our third-party service providers may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you that we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Information includes name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Demographic Information includes zip code, age and/or income.
- Contact Information includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Information includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology or other unique identifier (a set of numbers or characters that is assigned to your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you are on the Internet) (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the Site.
- Profile Information includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, product feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Site, products and services, including all of the areas within our Site that you visit or use and the time of day you visited the Site, among other information.
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Location Information includes information about your location using a variety of technologies, such as GPS, IP address, and connected or nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- User Content Information includes text (including questions, comments, and suggestions), pictures, audio, videos, or other content (collectively, “Your Content“) you share by participating and posting content publicly in our Blog, surveys, feedback and reviews interactive features, or other communication functionality (“Community Features”).
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
III. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Demographic, Contact, Financial, Profile, or Marketing and Communications Information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- purchase products or services;
- create an account on our Site;
- subscribe to emails or newsletters;
- request services or other information;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback about products, services, or the Site.
- Cookies – Cookies are small data files that a website sends to your Device while you are viewing the website that are stored on the Device. Cookies can be used for many purposes, including to monitor use of websites, to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, to speed up your searches and purchases and to recognize you when you return to our Site and/or store your user name and password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you choose to disable cookies on your Device, some features of the Site or our content may not function properly.
- Web Beacons – Web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, 1×1 GIFs, Pixel Tags, or Web bugs) are small graphic images or other web programming code that may be included on the Site and in our e-mail messages. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s Device, Web beacons are embedded invisibly in web pages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a pixel tag. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts – Embedded scripts are programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, and is active only while you are connected to the Site.
- Technical Information from the following parties:
- analytics providers;
- advertising networks; and
- search information.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Information from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Information from publicly available sources.
- Technical Information from the following parties:
- Information provided from other users. We may receive Identity Information, Demographic Information, and Contact Information about you from other sources, including other users. We may associate this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you. If you decide to invite a third party to create an account and/or purchase our merchandise, we will collect the Identity and Contact Information you provide (e.g., name and e-mail address) for you and the third party in order to send a message to the third party and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to collect such information and contact the third party as described in the foregoing sentence.
IV. THIRD PARTY INTERACTIONS
If you choose to use Third Party Interactions, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Site or by the provider of the Social Feature that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third party platform that references the Site (e.g., by mentioning one of the Site or using a hashtag associated with one of the Site in a tweet or status update), your post may be published on our Site in accordance with the terms of the third party website or service. Also, both Riot New Media Group, Inc. and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Site and the third party website or service. In addition, we may receive information about you and your friends from the third-party website or in connection with other users’ use of Third Party Interactions (e.g., we may learn that you are a “friend” or “connection” of the third party or receive other information about you that the other user enables us to receive).
V. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS & AD SERVERS; ONLINE TRACKING
For additional information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members and DAA Self-Regulatory Program participating companies, you may visit:
- NAI Opt-Out Tool (for website users): http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- DAA Consumer Choice (for website users): http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- DAA AppChoices (for mobile app users): http://youradchoices.com/appchoices
Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while visiting the Site and elsewhere online. Some third parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. However, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, the Site currently does not respond to or alter their practices when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com. While we give you the choices described in this Policy, there are many ways Web browser signals and other similar mechanisms can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and we may not be aware of or honor every mechanism.
VI. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you, including Personal Information and Usage Data:
- to provide you with our products and services and related customer service;
- to process your registration and account creation with the Site, including verifying your contact information is active and valid;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you have requested or agreed to receive;
- to process transactions you initiate, process payments and provide accurate billing and shipping;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as order confirmations, order status updates, or security, support, and maintenance advisories;
- to bill you for Riot New Media Group, Inc. products or services;
- respond to your inquiries;
- send electronic newsletters or promotional e-mails, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our services and for other marketing purposes of Riot New Media Group, Inc.;
- to market our products/services, including recommending products/services that might be of interest to you;
- to improve our Site, product and service offerings;
- to present our Site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to personalize and customize and tailor your experience on the Site, for example, by displaying content that we think you might be interested in;
- to analyze Site traffic flow and to keep track of your session information and clickstream data, including keeping track of your login name and password in connection with your use of the Site;
- to provide improved administration of our Site and services;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services for internal business purposes;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Site and, in our discretion, changes to the Site policies or functionality; and
In addition to the above, we may use Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of and improve navigation on the Site. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
A. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive newsletters or marketing communications from us if you have requested information from, purchased goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have consented receiving marketing communications at that time.
B. THIRD-PARTY AND AFFILIATE MARKETING
We do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for those unaffiliated third parties’ marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing.
A cookie is a data file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. For example, we track IP protocol addresses in conjunction with session Cookies to analyze our web page flow and to keep track of your session information and clickstream data. We use persistent Cookies to keep track of your login name and password in connection with your use of, and uploading of Your Content through, our Site and to personalize your online experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain information about blocking and deleting cookies for some commonly used browsers via the links below:
Please note that blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites and if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our Site.
VII. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as aggregated user statistics, in our discretion and without restriction.
A. INTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
B. EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
Third Party Service Providers
We may share personal information with third party service providers in connection with the performance of services to, or on behalf of, Riot New Media Group, Inc. and the Site. However, these service providers do not have any independent right to share this information (except pursuant to a legal requirement such as a subpoena or warrant). These service providers may store or use your information outside of the United States.
Third Party Payment Processing
For online payments, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com) and PayPal (https://paypal.com). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information and we will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy and https://www.authorize.net/about-us/privacy/.
When You Agree to Receive Information from Third Parties or Request That We Share Your Information
Administrative & Legal Reasons
We may transfer and disclose information, including Personal Information, to third parties:
- to comply with a valid legal inquiry, investigation, or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order, or if in our opinion such disclosure is required by law;
- to obtain or maintain insurance coverage, manage risks, obtain professional advice, or establish, exercise or defend legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure;
- to protect the safety, interests, rights, property or security of Riot New Media Group, Inc., you, or any third party; this may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to respond to a breach or attempted breach of the security of our Site;
- at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation
We may also use Technical Information to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers, or law enforcement agencies in our discretion.
Third Party Interactions and Social Networking Sites
As set forth in Section III, our Site and services enable you to post Your Content through Community Features. If you choose to use these features, you will be identified by the username you selected when you registered with the Site. Please note that any Personal Information you include on a public area of the Site will be publicly viewable. Once displayed publicly, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put data such as private contact information that you do not want to make available to the public in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
C. SHARING BETWEEN RIOT NEW MEDIA GROUP, INC. COMPANIES; BUSINESS TRANSFERS
VIII. YOUR CHOICES
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Site and services. Opting out of data collection does not limit your right to use our Site and programs:
A. ACCESSING, UPDATING, CORRECTING OR DELETING INFORMATION
You can review, request access to, update, correct or delete your Personal Information by editing information or deleting your account in your account page or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your Personal information by contacting us and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain information for fraud prevention or similar purposes. Also, note that we may need to delete your user account in order to delete your Personal Information.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you contact us with changes, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, however, that information may persist internally for our administrative purposes and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
B. OPTING OUT
C. CHOOSING NOT TO SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you may still be able to access and use some of the Site; however you may not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require your Personal Information. You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails by following the opt-out instructions above or provided to you in those e-mails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of any of the Site (for example, administrative and service announcements, shipping notices, and order confirmations) and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications.
Where we need to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
D. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can opt-out of such communications as outlined in Section B, above
Please note that you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
E. DE-LINKING THIRD PARTY INTERACTIONS AND SNS
As set forth in Section IV, our Site and services enable you to interact with or post content to certain third parties and SNSs. If you would like to discontinue these interactions and connections, please refer to the privacy settings of the third party or SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Site and your social media account.
IX. DATA SECURITY
Riot New Media Group, Inc. uses commercially reasonable security measures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please note that no system can be completely secure and no company, including Riot New Media Group, Inc., can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the internet. You use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
X. USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
The Site are hosted and operated in the United States and Riot New Media Group, Inc. and its third party service providers and partners operate in the United States and other jurisdictions. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us may be transferred to and processed in the United States and other countries. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you acknowledge and consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in countries where the privacy laws may be less stringent than those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
XI. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, residents of the State of California have the right to request from companies conducting business in California certain information regarding Riot New Media Group, Inc.’s disclosure within the immediately preceding calendar year of that California resident’s personal information to third parties (and in some cases, affiliates) for their direct marketing purposes.
Riot New Media Group Inc.
147 Prince Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11201